Salam & Hello!
I’m Danah, wife to Kareem and mama to our one year old daughter Kinzah (aka Kiki). Mother of Pearl is my creative outlet where I hope to share with you a little glimpse into my life as I try to navigate motherhood as well as things I find joy in such as event design, photography, lifestyle, food, fashion, home décor and travel! You can count on me to always be 100% honest and tell it how it is. Honesty is something I value highly in any relationship, and through this blog I hope to build a connection with you and a community of supportive mamas.
Thank you for stopping by!
10 facts about me
- I’m a Muslim. Palestinian. American. Canadian. Married to an Egyptian-American.
- I’m the product of an Islamic School upbringing (2nd grade through high school)
- My name means “Mother of Pearl” in Arabic.
- I’m a sucker for fresh flowers and floral print, basically all things floral.
- Giving birth has always been my biggest fear.
- I live in the US but gave birth in Canada.
- I’m very quiet around people I don’t know well. It takes me a long time to open up to and trust people, and I have a small circle of very close friends.
- My favorite color is purple, pretty much every shade.
- I’m a very emotional person (pregnancy and motherhood made it worse).
- I eat cake for breakfast & it’s always tea time.